Skip to the content
- 1 cup basmati rice
- Fistful of green peas
- Spinach puree
- 3 cups of chopped spinach leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Half inch of ginger (peeled)
- 2 green chilly
- Fistful of mint leaves
- Fistful of coriander leaves
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1″ piece cinnamon
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 20 minutes approximately. Drain water and keep aside.
- Make spinach puree by grinding the spinach leaves, garlic, ginger and chillies in a blender
- Heat about 2 tablespoon of oil or ghee in a pressure cooker and saute the 5 spices for a couple minutes.
- Add the onions, saute till they start browning, and then add the tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy
- Add the mint leaves and coriander leaves and saute for a minute
- Add the peas and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add the spinach puree and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add the rice and about half a tablespoon of salt. Mix gently.
- Add 1 cup of water. At this point add a little dash of garam masala if you like to spice it up more.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles. Wait till the pressure subsides before opening.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: